Hot Dish
(click on pic to read more)

Invite your favorite hunks to the DEEP DISH Pool Party!

Battle of the Network Stars #63: 1969-71 TV Seasons

10 Groovy Things to Do in October

Where the Bears Are is worth watching

72 Groovy Things about Madeline Kahn

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Dancing with the Stars: Week 3



No more Mr. Science Guy. Bill Nye, whom I said should be the second elimination, was sent home on last night's show. And considering he tore a tendon in his leg during last week's dance, I think it's a very good thing that he is no longer competing. I also think he was incredibly stupid - and not brave - to attempt to dance last night against his doctor's orders. Aren't "Science Guys" supposed to be smarter than that? Anyway, the right person was definitely eliminated because Mr. Nye couldn't even dance well before his injury. However, I am surprised that his large fan base let him down - unless they wanted to spare him any further humiliation.

Now here are my Week 3 rankings of the remaining stars and their dancing partners in order of preference as well as a prediction of who will be going home next week:

1 (Last Week #1) Corbin Bleu & Karina Smirnoff (Score: 26 out of 30 points)
I loved their high energy and thoroughly entertaining quickstep to Duke Ellington's "Diga Diga Doo".

2 (LW #4) Brant Daugherty & Peta Murgatroyd (Score: 27)
This cute couple came in a very close second with their own quickstep - and I'm thrilled that the judges scored them so high. Considering that poor Brant sprained his foot AND was robbed at gunpoint last week, he deserved some happy news. Keep smiling, Mr. Daugherty!

3 (LW #3) Elizabeth Berkley & Valentin Chmerkovskiy (Score: 25)
I would agree that their "Come Fly with Me" foxtrot was "chicken soup for the eyes" as judge Len Goodman proclaimed - but I would also agree with host Tom Bergeron that the couple needs to stop their annoying Twitter "#hashtag" talk.

4 (LW #9) Nicole "Snooki" Polizzi & Sasha Farber (Score: 25)
The former Jersey Shore star had her best dance so far - a quickstep with a very impressive simultaneous one-arm cartwheel that made me go "Wow!"

5 (LW #5) Leah Remini & Tony Dovolani (Score: 24)
I enjoyed their sexy rumba, and they have good chemistry together.

6 (LW #2) Amber Riley & Derek Hough (Score: 24)
Their Charleston was my least favorite dance of theirs so far - but they were still fun to watch.

7 (LW #10) Jack Osbourne & Cheryl Burke (Score: 22)
I wasn't a fan of their pimp and bitch cha-cha-cha - but I did like his slide at the beginning.

8 (LW #7) Christina Milian & Mark Ballas (Score: 26)
The judges obviously liked their Charleston, but I thought Amber and Derek's was better. Also, I didn't care for Mark's creepy clown face.

9 (LW #8) Valerie Harper & Tristan MacManus (Score: 16)
Their awkward cha-cha-cha just wasn't very good, but I did like his sexy Freddie Mercury mustache and her blonde wig (it reminded me of her "blonde" performance in the 1980 film, The Last Married Couple in America). And she deserved a better score than Bill Nye, who also received a 16.

10 (LW #6) Bill Engvall & Emma Slater (Score: 24)
I'm not sure how their Lone Ranger-inspired paso doble scored so high - I found it kind of boring to watch - but I think it will be enough to keep him from being eliminated next week. Also, the comedian apparently has a larger (or more loyal) fan base than Mr. Nye - but does he have a more devoted one than Ms. Harper?

Who Should and Will Be Eliminated Next Week: I don't want Valerie Harper to be eliminated because she is inspiring to watch - and I also like her handsome partner, Tristan. But with such a low score this week from the judges, it's up to her fans - myself included - to keep her around. However, she is the weakest dancer left among the celebrities, so my gut feeling is that next week will be her last dance - unless a lot of folks vote for her. Then Mr. Engvall might be in trouble.






4 comments:

Rex said...

Thanks for the wrap up!

Marc said...

Thanks for reading it, Rex!

angelman66 said...

Valerie is amazingly positive and uplifting...she is an inspiration to us all. Until we die, we must LIVE LIVE LIVE!

Marc said...

I agree, AM66!