Hot Dish
(click on pic to read more)

Invite your favorite hunks to the DEEP DISH Pool Party!

Battle of the Network Stars #64: 1997-99 TV Seasons

10 Groovy Things to Do in October

Where the Bears Are is worth watching

72 Groovy Things about Madeline Kahn

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Top 10 Tuesday of Groovy Tunes: Pet Shop Boys are "Always on My Mind"



Each week I feature 10 groovy tunes that have appeared on Billboard's Hot 100 chart during the last 50+ years. You can vote for your three favorites, and the five with the most votes move on to the following week when five new songs will be added to the list.

Last week the Mamas & the Papas remained at the top with "California Dreamin'", which received 36 votes out of the 181 cast. And this week they will be challenged by Simon & Garfunkel, Sade and Pet Shop Boys.

1) "California Dreamin'"/The Mamas & the Papas (Last Week #1, Week 7) - 17 weeks on Billboard's Hot 100 chart in 1966



2) "Here Comes the Rain Again"/Eurythmics (LW #3, W9) - 20 weeks on Billboard's Hot 100 chart in 1984



3) "Only Yesterday"/Carpenters (W2) - #4 the week of May 24, 1975



4) "Everything She Wants"/Wham! (W2) - #1 the week of May 25, 1985



5) "We Got the Beat"/The Go-Go's (LW #5, W4) - #26 the week of May 22, 1982



6) "Love Is Like an Itching in My Heart"/The Supremes (DEBUT) - #10 the week of May 21, 1966



7) "The Boxer"/Simon & Garfunkel (DEBUT) - #8 the week of May 24, 1969



8) "Love You Inside Out"/Bee Gees (DEBUT) - #4 the week of May 26, 1979



9) "Smooth Operator"/Sade (DEBUT) - #5 the week of May 25, 1985



10) "Always on My Mind"/Pet Shop Boys (DEBUT) - #4 the week of May 21, 1988




5 comments:

Lance said...

Another (relatively) easy week, Marc. This week, I'm voting for The Mamas and The Papas, Pet Shop Boys (LOVE me some PSB!!) and, of course, Karen & Richard!! Have a groovy week, Marc! =)

SEAN said...

Hey Marc -

I'm loving my She & Him CD - nice 60's sound and a great remake of Blondie's Sunday Girl. She sounds a lot like Debbie.

BTW - I made you my PASSENGER PICKUP: DEEP DISH of the week (sometimes 2).

Marc said...

Thanks for sharing your selections, Lance! Hopefully you're not a Bee Gees fan because I just added them to this week's post after discovering that I'd already featured that Culture Club song.

Lance said...

Well, I do actually like the Brothers Gibb, but not nearly as much as I like the M&P & PSB (and you KNOW how I feel about Karen & Richard)... so I guess I'll keep the vote I already put in. =)

Marc said...

Sean, I'm so glad you're enjoying the CD - and thanks for the DEEP DISH shout-out on your groovy blog! :)