Hot Dish
(click on pic to read more)

Invite your favorite hunks to the DEEP DISH Pool Party!

Battle of the Network Stars #54: 2014-15 TV Season

Where the Bears Are is worth watching

Check out Chicago's LGBT Film Festival Sept. 18-25

10 Groovy Things to Do in September

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

The Grooviest Movies of 2012



Since I haven't yet seen Les Misérables, Silver Linings Playbook or Lincoln, they will be considered for my Grooviest Movies list of 2013. But I did see some great films in 2012 - both in the theater and on DVD - and here are my ten favorites in order of preference:

10) The Queen of Versailles (click here for more info)



9) Married and Counting (click here to read my review)



8) Carol Channing: Larger Than Life (a terrific documentary about a fabulous lady)



7) Joan Rivers: A Piece of Work (another terrific documentary about a fabulous lady)



6) Keep the Lights On (click here to read my review)



5) Cinema Verite (a 2011 HBO film starring the lovely Diane Lane)



4) Gayby (click here to read my review)



3) Hitchcock (I loved it especially the marvelous Helen Mirren)



2) The Artist (the Academy Award-winning 2011 film)



1) Moonrise Kingdom (click here to read my review)



The Worst Movie of 2012: Rock of Ages (click here to read my review)

No comments: