Hot Dish
(click on pic to read more)

Invite your favorite hunks to the DEEP DISH Pool Party!

Battle of the Network Stars #51: 2002-03 TV Season

10 Groovy Things to Do in August starring Steve Grand

Groovy Guy of the Month: Robert Rodi

The Top 114 Groovy Gay Movies to Watch in 2014

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Soap Dish: Viki & Dorian Back Together Again



So I'm sure you've already heard that the beloved daytime soaps, One Life to Live and All My Children - that ABC canceled in 2011 - are now returning as online series. Hooray! But I've waited to write about this exciting development until today when Prospect Park - the media and production company that is reviving the shows - announced via a press release that it has confirmed deals with both Erika Slezak and Robin Strasser to return as OLTL's Victoria Lord Buchanan and Dorian Lord. Now that is the fabulous news that I've been hoping to hear because Llanview just wouldn't be the same without those two lovely ladies. I can't wait to see them back together again along with the following cast members:

Tuc Watkins as David Vickers
Robert S. Woods and Hillary B. Smith as Bo and Nora Buchanan
Jerry verDorn as Clint Buchanan
Kassie DePaiva as Blair Cramer
Florencia Lozano as Tea Delgado
Melissa Archer as Natalie Buchanan Banks
Kelley Missal as Danielle Manning
Josh Kelly as Cutter Wentworth
Andrew Trischitta as Jack Manning
Sean Ringgold as Shaun Evans
Shenaz Treasury Rama Patel
Nick Choksi as Vimal Patel

Meanwhile, over in Pine Valley, Darnell Williams and Debbi Morgan will be returning as Jesse and Angie Hubbard along with Vincent Irizarry (Dr. David Hayward), Lindsay Hartley (Cara Martin), Jordi Vilasuso (Griffin Castillo), Jill Larson (Opal Cortlandt) and Thorsten Kaye (Zach Slater). But still no word about Susan Lucci, whose Erica Kane is the heart and soul of the show in my opinion. Hopefully Prospect Park will be able to persuade the actress to return because I cannot imagine a Pine Valley without Erica. More confirmed cast members of both soaps are expected to be announced in the coming weeks, and it looks like sometime this spring we'll be able to once again enjoy the sordid lives of All My Children and One Life to Live.

Below you can watch Viki and Dorian's 2011 goodbye montage and a 1994 OLTL episode, in which Viki discovered her 18-year-old son Joey (played by Nathan Fillion) in bed with Dorian.



2 comments:

Ian said...

I am so happy that these soaps are coming back. Welcome to the next medium - online. When my soap Guiding Light moved from radio to TV in the 50's, people were skeptical. Now, tried and true story telling moves again. I know I'll be watching both shows and doing everything I can to help promote them.

Marc said...

I prefer to watch shows on television - but for Viki and Dorian, I'll tune in online. Thanks for your comment, Ian!