Hot Dish
(click on pic to read more)

Invite your favorite hunks to the DEEP DISH Pool Party!

Battle of the Network Stars #62: 1991-93 TV Seasons

10 Groovy Things to Do in October

Where the Bears Are is worth watching

72 Groovy Things about Madeline Kahn

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

31 Cold Days of Hot Guys #29: William Holden



This month DEEP DISH is featuring a different hot guy(s) every day to warm us up during this cold winter season.

Today's Hot Guy is actor William Holden (1918 - 1981).

Below you can watch him in scenes from Sunset Boulevard (1950), The Bridges at Toko-Ri (1954) and Picnic (1955) (his dance with Kim Novak in Picnic makes me swoon).



6 comments:

Ian said...

WOW! I had no idea William Holden had been such a cutie when he was younger. I only know him from Towering Inferno and other later films. I had no idea he was in a film with my favourite leading lady Grace Kelly. What a cute scene! Looks like I have some old movies to catch up on....

joel65913 said...

I was a little surprised by today's pick, that is to say pleasantly surprised. William Holden when he was young was devastatingly handsome. Maybe you could string out the idea and do a Hot Guys of Old Hollywood some day. The look was different back then, brilliantined hair and so forth, but there were many beauties: John Payne, Tyrone Power, John Garfield just to name a few. Thanks for the nice treat!

Marc said...

Hey, Ian & Joel, I'm glad you both liked my Hot Guy pick. And, Joel, I will definitely have to include more Old Hollywood actors in the future.

David H. said...

William Holden was always one of the sexiest, handsome, and charismatic actors in Hollywood history. Today, some of the actors do not exactly hold a candle to him.

dmappin said...

He was a hottie, that's for sure. Talented and homeboy good looks. Lucky Stephanie Powers!

Marc said...

I agree, David.

And, Doug, Mr. Holden's "hottie" years were behind him by the time he began his 9-year relationship with Ms. Powers in 1972 - but he was still a great actor (1976's Network).