Hot Dish
(click on pic to read more)

Invite your favorite hunks to the DEEP DISH Pool Party!

Battle of the Network Stars #54: 2014-15 TV Season

Where the Bears Are is worth watching

Check out Chicago's LGBT Film Festival Sept. 18-25

10 Groovy Things to Do in September

Monday, February 9, 2009

And the Premio Dardos goes to . . .


I was thrilled to receive a Premio Dardos award today for Deep Dish from Ross Horsley, a timid librarian by day and a frenzied fan of gory slasher movies by night who is also the author of the fabulous movie blog, Anchorwoman in Peril! (isn't that a great title?). This award is designed to recognize unique voices and visions on the Web as well as to promote fraternization/community spirit amongst bloggers of all sorts. So now I'm supposed to nominate five other blogs that I think are worthy of the award and then they will each choose five and so on and so forth. Here are my five choices:

Christian Montone: I think my friend, Christian, takes groovy photos, and hopefully one of these days he'll have a show to feature his work. And he's also a very sweet guy with a cool record collection.

Dougsploitation: The Way I See Things: Doug Prinzivalli is a man after my own heart. He's interested in good and bad movies (like 1979's Scavenger Hunt starring Cloris Leachman, Ruth Gordon and Eight is Enough's Willie Aames), retro pop culture and comic books. He also recently remembered to wish Farrah Fawcett a happy birthday by displaying a photo from her 1970 film, Myra Breckinridge.

Marlena De Lacroix: Soap Criticism for the Thinking Fan: Marlena (aka Connie Passalacqua Hayman) has been writing about soap operas since 1980, and the lady knows her stuff. She also posts articles by two of my friends, Damon L. Jacobs (the Soap Shrink, who analyzes troubled characters), and Patrick Erwin. And any blog that gives me an update on actor David Selby (Falcon Crest, Dark Shadows) ranks high on my list.

Movie Dearest: I consider Kirby Holt, the creator of Movie Dearest, my blog mentor. He helped me so much when I first began Deep Dish last year. And his "Celebration of Film for Gay and Gay-Friendly Movie Fans" is worth checking out--especially on Mondays when he features a Cinematic Crush (like Richard Gere, who's still mighty fine).

A Touch of Tuesday Weld: With a title like that, how could I resist? I adore Tuesday Weld--and obviously so does creator Laura Linger, whose blog features the titles of many of the actress' movies (Lord Love a Duck, Author! Author!, Return to Peyton Place). Laura's a groovy gal who features old People magazine covers (I especially liked the recent One Day at a Time cover with Bonnie Franklin almost baring her breast). Read her entertaining blog--only if you dare!

Those are my five groovy selections. Now go check them out! And thanks again, Ross!

2 comments:

Lance said...

CONGRATULATIONS Marc!! An honor well deserved!

Deep Dish said...

Thanks, Lance!